DIPLOMA OF TRAINING DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT (TAE50216)
This course reflects the role of training designers and developers and are responsible for analysing training needs and designing programs to meet those needs. They may also have a role in mentoring and advising other trainers and assessors and promoting innovative practices and providing examples of industry best practice in training and assessment.
Units of competence
There are ten units in this course:
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
The course is structured into four learning clusters:
- Cluster 1 – Learning development and design
- Cluster 2 – Language, literacy and numeracy (LLN)
- Cluster 3 – Maintain currency and deliver training
- Cluster 4 – Assessment
- Whilst there are no formal prerequisite units required to study this course, it is strongly recommended that learners hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment PLUS vocational experience ORextensive vocational experience in training and assessment roles in an RTO or similar organisation that focuses on competency-based training and assessment.
- To enrol in this course, participants must have access to one, or a range of, workplaces or practice environments that will provide the opportunity to practice their training and assessment skills in a real workplace, and complete the tasks with real vocational learners.
This qualification is specifically designed for experienced trainers/assessors and training managers who:
- are involved in the design and development of training programs and resources and/or
- are responsible for evaluating the success of training and/or
- have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors in promoting innovative practices.