Flexible enrolment dates – start at any time
The new credential requirements deadline for vocational trainers has been extended to 1 July 2019
Go to Department Education and Training website for more details.
There are many benefits in becoming a qualified vocational trainer and assessor. You could start your own business, become a freelance or contract trainer and/or assessor, manage the learning and development programs in your workplace or be qualified to work in a public or private Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
|Course Code||Course Name||Duration||Cost|
|TAE40116||Cert IV in Training and Assessment||6 months – 1 year||$2995|
|TAE40116||Cert IV in Training and Assessment – Upgrade Course||Click link for details on upgrade/update options|
|TAE50116 **||Diploma of Vocational Education and Training||1 year||$3950|
|TAE50216 **||Diploma of Design and Development||1 year||$3950|
|Dual Diplomas||TAE50116 and TAE50216||additional cost = $500||$4450|
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Cost|
|Cert IV Units||All Cert IV units (except TAEASS502)||$399|
|Diploma Units||All Diploma units||$450|
There are several payment options available including:
- VET Student Loan (Australian Government Loan scheme is available for Diploma courses only. No Gap payment applies) (Click link below for more details)
- Study Loan (Private loan scheme designed specifically for students enrolled in vocational education courses)
- Direct Debit/Credit Card Payments
- Cheque or cash payments
Click Payment Information for more details.
- Complete the Enrolment Form (below) and submit to the College at or fax: (02) 8572 3261
- The Administration Department will assess your Enrolment and will notify you if any further documentation is required
- Once your Enrolment has been accepted, you will be issued with an invoice for the first payment (25% of the total course cost). The remainder of the fees (75%) will be due in three installments to be paid on the 1st day of each of the following 3 months
- On receipt of your first payment, you will be formally enrolled into the course
- Your trainer/mentor will provide you with access to the Online Classroom and advise you how to login
- Your learning journey will begin.
Enrolment Application Form
Please download and read the Participant Information carefully before completing and submitting the Enrolment Form: TAE COURSES – Enrolment Form
Flexible enrolment dates – you can start at any time. Download the Enrolment Form (above) and email/fax to the College. (Please telephone the College on 1300 174 174 should you need further information).
Please Note: You will be advised of the completion date of your course by the Admin Department on acceptance of your enrolment. The decision takes into account the prior experience of the candidate and the likely duration required to successfully complete the course based on the AQF volume of learning indicators for each qualification. It also takes into account the importance of ensuring the integrity of the qualification. Bedford College reserves the right to charge a fee for students who do not complete the course within the allocated timeframe. A charge of $200 per month applies.
General Information TAE courses
Bedford College uses the ‘Bedford College Online Classroom’ to host, coordinate, deliver and assess our TAE courses.
All of the learning content is available via this platform. Activities and assessment tasks are uploaded into the Online Classroom for marking on completion of each unit – and you are able to communicate and receive feedback from your trainer/assessor through this medium.
This flexible learning strategy provides learners with the opportunity to start at any time and utilise self-paced learning to determine the most convenient time to study (course completion must be within the constraints of the course duration as outlined above); and to work from their own office or home.
Learners will progress through the course in a structured manner and navigate the online learning resources including:
- Learner Guides (step-by-step instructions to guide and support you through the units of competence)
- Learner Workbooks (includes all activities and assessment tasks)
- PowerPoint presentations (work in conjunction with the Learner Guide and Workbook to highlight and reinforce relevant points)
- Additional learning activities and exercises (optional readings, etc. to supplement your learning)
- Videos, templates, website links, etc.
Learners will participate in a simulated workplace environment and/or video workshops during the course and will submit practical assessments via video to the trainer.
You will be provided with:
- Welcome letter and login details for the Online Classsroom
- Contact details of the trainer/assessor
- 48 hour turn-around time for all questions submitted online (excluding after hours, weekends or holidays)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available to all Bedford applicants who can demonstrate that they already possess current skills and knowledge relevant to the qualification.
Making an RPL application requires the applicant to complete an Enrolment Form and also to provide evidence substantiating their claim for competency. Suggested evidence and the process for obtaining RPL is described in the RPL Tools which can be downloaded below.
After reviewing the submitted evidence, the Beford College, TAE Course Coordinator will contact the applicant and advise if the evidence satisfies the assessment requirements for each of the Units of Competency included in that qualification. If the provided evidence is sufficient, authentic, current and valid then the applicant may not be required to undertake any further training or assessment prior to issuance OR it may be decided that there are gaps in the evidence and the applicant may need to undertake further training. For more detailed information about RPL for your qualification download the relevant RPL Tool below.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Cost|
|TAE40116||Cert IV in Training and Assessment||$1500|
|TAE50116||Dip Vocational Education & Training||$2995|
|TAE50216||Dip Design and Development||$2995|
- the cost for RPL will depend upon the information contained in the RPL Application and the gap training required by the candidate.
- Units that are not granted RPL status, may be undertaken at the Individual Unit Cost as above. (Cost for RPL/RCC with additional units will be capped at the normal cost for the qualification).
RPL FORMS – TAE40116 (Cert IV Course)
The first step is to check your eligibility using our downloadable forms (below):
- Document 3 – RPL Candidate Information & Guide – TAE -Document 3 RPL Assessment Information & Guide
- Document 4 – RPL Application Form – TAE – Document 4 RPL Application Form
- Document 5 – RPL Candidate Self-Assessment Tool – TAE – Document 5 RPL Self Assessment
RPL / RCC Tool – TAE50116 & TAE50216 (Diploma Courses)
The first step is to check your eligibility (Part A) before submitting your Application (Part B)